23.9.09

Edmundo Ros and his Orchestra

When I called this blog Where Bossa Nova is King I knew that sooner or later I would have to explain that my musical tastes reach far beyond those delightful rhythms produced by Brazilian musicians during that new wave era. We have already had Big Beat, Baile Funk and Ye Ye Music, but generally speaking it is 'Latin American Music' that is my passion. It's a broad term, I know, embracing the musical genres of several diverse cultures. Less talk Joao, more music.
Here is Edmundo Ros:




This delightful gentleman is now almost 100 years old. He was born in Trinidad to a Venezuelan mother and a Scottish father. Some of the images conjured up by the songs may belong to the era before diversity and political correctness, but what a sound!



FORTY songs here!
Link:http://rapidshare.com/files/283836148/Edmundo_Ros_and_his_Orchestra.rar